It's hard to resist the temptation of smooth, creamy eggnog. The rich flavour embodies the holidays, and can be the perfect indulgence during this festive season. Although we all like to think calories don’t exist during the month of December, it is no secret that traditional eggnog is chalked full of added sugar and fat.
Next time you are craving this holiday treat, mix up vitasave.ca's easy, healthy, and vegan Nog. Then mix into your morning coffee, blend into a satisfying, nutritious smoothie, or infuse into your warming bowl of oatmeal.
1/4 cup of pecans
3 pitted dates
1 cup of almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- This will create a thick creamy consistency. If you prefer your Nog thinner, simply add more Almond Milk or water
Perfect for those cooler mornings, when you want to feel festive and stay in line with your health and fitness goals.
- Make a cup of your favourite coffee, or a cup of black tea if you prefer
- Heat up 1 cup of the Holiday “No Eggnog” in the microwave for 30 seconds or on the stove
- Pour hot coffee (or tea) into your Holiday “No Eggnog” and enjoy!
Chai Nog Smoothie
Great pre or post workout, or when you are on the go trying to find that perfect gift for your loved ones.
- Add all ingredients for the Holiday “No Eggnog” into a blender
- Add one scoop of Vega Vanilla Chai Protein Powder
- Add one Banana and handful of ice cubes
- Blend until smooth
Add some festive flavour to your everyday breakfast routine by mixing in some of your Holiday “No Eggnog” into your oatmeal. Simply cook your oatmeal as you normally would then stir in 1/2 cup of “No Eggnog”. Top with crushed pecans and dried cranberries for that extra treat.