Shopping for Dad can be a difficult task- especially when he won’t tell you what he needs. But to prevent you from pacing the mall this year and leaving empty handed right before Father’s Day, we’ve compiled a list of our top picks for gift ideas your Dad is sure to love. Not only do these gift ideas promote men’s health, but they’re much more exciting than that 3 pack of golf balls or traditional pair of argyle socks.
1. Sleep-FX - $27.99 at Vitasave.ca Give Dad the gift of deep, restful sleep this year. Sleep-FX is a natural sleep supplement that helps promote better quality sleep with a unique blend of amino acids and synergistic herbs. Sleep-FX’s all natural herbal formula can help reduce the total amount of time it takes for Dad to fall asleep, and allow him to wake up feeling refreshed for that seven o’clock tee time. If your Dad travels often, has a hard time falling asleep, or feels restless at night, Sleep-FX may be just the supplement he needs to regulate his sleep cycle. Sleep FX only contains natural ingredients such as GABA, melatonin, valerian root extract and l-theanine, and will last Dad 60 days.
2. AOR Advanced Whey Protein - $66.97 at Vitasave.ca Help Dad feed his muscles and boost his immune system with one of the best varieties of whey protein available today. AOR Advanced Whey Protein is superior to other types of whey for a few reasons. First off, it contains a blend of both whey protein isolates and whey protein concentrates. Whey protein isolates feed muscles after a workout, while whey protein concentrate nourishes the body with phospholipids and CLA. Both of these nutrients help boost immunity and support digestive health. Another amazing health benefit of Advanced Whey is that it contains nearly 28% more lactoferrin than other whey proteins on the market. Lactoferrin is a protein found in milk products (including breast milk) that has antiviral, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties. Since the immune system naturally becomes suppressed during intense periods of exercise, Advanced Whey is the perfect post-workout snack to keep Dad in good health. Advanced Whey comes in two flavours to best suit Dad’s tastebuds: light vanilla or plain.
3. Protein Shaker Cup - $9.99 at Vitasave.ca Protein shaker cups are the ultimate Father’s Day accessory for the busy, active, on-the-go Dad. Whether he’s on the golf course, running a marathon or gone fishing, a shaker cup will make it convenient for Dad to bring his protein shake with him wherever he goes. The metallic ball in the shaker cup helps to seamlessly blend the protein powder with water, and ensures no protein gets wasted, and no “clumps” are left behind.
4. AOR Lycopene Ultra - $23.97 at Vitasave.ca Lycopene is a natural carotenoid found in plant foods (especially tomatoes) that acts as a potent antioxidant. Lycopene is thought to have superior health benefits when it comes to preventing prostate cancer and supporting overall cellular health. Lycopene Ultra contains 20 mg of lycopene per capsule, which is one of the most concentrated doses currently available. Studies support a daily intake of 30-40 mg of lycopene for optimal cellular health.
5. Genuine Health BCAA + Creatine - $42.99 at Vitasave.ca There’s no better way to help fuel Dad’s workouts and promote increased endurance than by gifting him with Genuine Health’s blend of BCAA’s and creatine. BCAA’s (or branched chain amino acids) help improve muscle synthesis and stabilize blood sugar levels, which promotes lasting energy for the entire duration of his workout. Creatine adds extra fuel by providing energy to all cells in the body.
6. Bamboo Sweat Towel - $14.95 at Vitasave.ca Don’t leave Dad hanging while he’s on the blazing hot golf course or working up a sweat on the treadmill. Our signature bamboo sweat towel is made with 70% bamboo, which is environmentally friendly, moisture wicking and just as soft and cozy as it looks.