About Vitasave Nutritional Yeast Flakes (200 g)
Vitasave Nutritional Yeast Flakes are a wholesome and versatile addition to your kitchen pantry. These golden flakes are made from Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast, which is grown on a nutrient-rich medium like molasses. After the yeast is harvested, it's carefully deactivated to stop the fermentation process, ensuring it doesn't contribute to yeast overgrowth in the body. These flakes have a savory, cheese-like flavor and a light, flaky texture, making them a popular choice for enhancing the taste and nutrition of a variety of dishes.
- Nutrient Powerhouse: Vitasave Nutritional Yeast Flakes are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. They are an excellent source of B vitamins, including B12, which is often lacking in vegetarian and vegan diets. These flakes also contain protein, fiber, and essential amino acids.
- Vegan and Gluten-Free: These flakes are suitable for vegans and those with gluten sensitivities, making them a versatile and inclusive ingredient in your kitchen.
- Enhanced Flavor: Known for their nutty, cheesy flavor, these flakes are a fantastic way to add depth and umami to your recipes. Use them as a topping for popcorn, pasta, salads, or as a base for vegan cheese sauces.
- Boosts Immunity: The B vitamins in nutritional yeast support a healthy immune system and may increase energy levels, making it an ideal dietary addition.
- Improved Digestion: Rich in dietary fiber, these flakes can promote healthy digestion and regular bowel movements.
- Plant-Based Protein: With about 5 grams of protein per serving, nutritional yeast is a plant-based protein source, perfect for vegetarians and vegans.
Inactive Nutritional Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
There are numerous ways to enjoy Vitasave Nutritional Yeast Flakes:
Sprinkle: Sprinkle them over popcorn, roasted vegetables, or pasta dishes to add a cheesy, nutty flavor.
Blend: Use them as a base for dairy-free cheese sauces, dips, or salad dressings. Simply blend with cashews, water, and your choice of seasonings.
Stir: Stir them into soups, stews, or risottos to enhance the umami taste.
Bake: Incorporate them into bread, muffins, or savory baked goods for added nutrition and flavor.
Smoothies: Add a spoonful to your morning smoothie for an extra boost of nutrients.