Why Should Men Take A Multivitamin?
They can be used as both a preventative approach to health while maintaining and improving vitality and quality of life.
Studies show that people who consume a lot of animal products, may have an increased chance of developing cancer cells. Product quality could be much better if people get it from a trusted source.
Men with a family history of prostate cancer should discuss with the health practitioner the benefits of taking multivitamins containing zinc, selenium, or vitamin E before beginning treatment. The risk of prostate cancer could be less with a healthy lifestyle and the maintenance of a nutritious diet.
There are times where supplementation with vitamins and minerals may be more necessary such as times of high stress, poor nutrition, injury, illness, compromised digestion, or physical changes such as growth or pregnancy.
It's safe to say that most people nowadays could benefit from the additional support of a multi-vitamin when faced with the ever increasing stressors of life paired with a typically not so ideal diet.
The National Institutes of Health recommends taking a multivitamin specific to your age and gender.
Nutrients that are needed in particular for men's health include :
Zinc is one of the most essential nutrients for tissue and cell formation, wound healing, immune function, digestive function, skin elasticity and repair, and reproductive function.
is an important mineral in modulating the stress response, maintaining bone elasticity, and supporting cardiovascular health. This mineral is involved in over 300 enzyme systems and is required for a significant amount of reactions in the body.
there were proven that magnesium lowers the risk of prostate cancer, which is the most common malignancy in North American men. Men over the age of 50 are also more susceptible to low magnesium levels which means they suppose to have an active lifestyle in order to prevent a lot of chronic diseases, such as celiac disease or advanced prostate cancer.
Key nutrients: vitamin D, B6, B12, Folic Acid, probiotics, Astaxanthin | Vegan: No | Vegetarian: Yes | Gluten-free: Yes | Non-GMO: Yes | Organic: No | Additives: None Best Vegetarian: Garden of Life Vitamin Code Whole Food Multivitamin for Men View On Amazon View On Walmart View On Vitamin Shoppe Good for vegetarians and vegans Live probiotics and enzymes Recommended four capsules daily Calling all vegetarians and vegans!
Deficiency is quite common especially if you live farther away from the equator and do not get sufficient sunlight exposure.
Vitamin D is an important vitamin needed for optimal immune function, bone health, skin health, mental health, and many more functions in the body.
It is an essential vitamin for brain health and cognition, and also for overall bodily functions.
Therefore it's important to ensure that you are getting B12 either through your diet or from supplementation and that you are actually absorbing it. Your need for vitamin B12 and risk for deficiency rises with a vegan or vegetarian diet, digestive problems, pernicious anemia, and autoimmune disorders.
The best way to ensure that your levels are met is to get testing done with your healthcare provider.
Benefits and uses of B12:
- Improves mood and brain function
- Prevents pernicious anemia
- Supports production of hemoglobin (protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen throughout the body)
- Stimulates growth and repair
- Involved in the metabolism of fatty acids
- Vital for melatonin production, an important hormone that supports sleep
- Promotes healthy nerve function
- Supports adrenal hormone production
- Involved in the regulation of homocysteine (high levels of homocysteine can increase the risk of cardiovascular disease)
- Promotes absorption of nutrients by supporting the regeneration of our mucosal lining in the small intestines
- Helps to reduce fatigue and improve energy level
- Supports methylation (an important process that controls chemical interactions in the body)
- Protects against heart disease
What are the Best Men's Multivitamins?
Getting older is no reason to slow down. Progressive MultiVitamin for Men 50+ addresses the needs of an ageing body and helps you to stay youthful and remain active with the ones you love.
- Supports Heart health (cardiovascular)
- For prostate health, hair health
- Improves vitality and wellbeing
- Strengthens immune function
- Assists in the maintenance of more youthful testosterone levels
- Supports eye health
- Promotes clear, healthy skin
- Helps to maintain healthy bones
- Improves quality of sleep Whole Earth and Sea Pure Food Men's Multivitamin and Mineral
- Balanced formula
The Pure Food Men's Multivitamin & Mineral contains vitamin and mineral complexes important for men, including calcium and magnesium, vitamins D3 and K2, easily absorbed active forms of folate, vitamin B6 and B12, zinc, and selenium.
Enzymes, antioxidants inside the men multivitamins prolong energy and vitality, making this ingredient list perfect for vegan diets, this formula ideal for any man looking for a raw-food-based multi-packed full of organic non-gmo ingredients. Science-Backed formula created especially for men who struggle to eat healthy because of their busy lifestyle.
There are no artificial flavours, for example, so often a lot of companies use artificial sweeteners, cherry flavors or berry flavor for men's vitamins. If you're looking for a vitamin that's vegetarian and easy on a healthy diet, this is an excellent dietary supplement to discuss with your health care provider.
- Specially designed to meet the nutritional needs of men
- A raw, whole-food bioenergetic formula featuring active vitamins for immune health
- Made with farm-fresh, organic, and sustainably grown non-GMO ingredients
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
The product does not consist of common allergens.
Where can I buy men's multivitamins online in Canada?
About the Author