the Hidden Health Benefits of Himalayan Crystal Salt

Salt (or sodium) is essential for life. It's needed to transmit nerve impulses, contract and relax muscle fibers (including those in the heart and blood vessels), and maintain proper fluid balance.  However, not all salt is equal and many people don't realize the difference between conventional, refined table salt and naturally sourced, health-promoting salt.

The difference between these salts can have a tremendous effect on your health and well being and it is important to understand which salt should be in your shaker.
Your table salt is approximately 97.5% sodium chloride, a synthetic form of salt that remains after the salt has been chemically cleaned.  Chemicals like moisture absorbents and iodine make up the remaining 2.5% and the end result is present in nearly every preserved product that you consume. When you add more salt to your already salted food, your body receives more salt than it can eliminate and for every gram of sodium chloride that your body cannot get rid of, you use 23 times the amount of cell water to neutralize it. Eating common table salt can cause excess fluid in your body tissue, which can contribute to cellulite, rheumatism, arthritis and gout, as well as kidney and gall bladder stones.
Himalayan crystal salt is the oldest and by far the purest salt on the planet and is referred to as "white gold." This crystal salt has spent over 250 million years maturing under extreme tectonic pressure, far away from exposure to impurities. Together with pure spring water, Himalayan crystal salt offers all the natural elements original to its source – the very same elements originally found existing in the "primal sea."

 Himalayan crystal salt is salt in its native form, it is the highest grade of natural salt with all its vibrational energy intact. Under an electron microscope, crystal salt has a perfect crystalline structure which means it is not isolated from the 84 inherent mineral elements, but is connected to them in a harmonious state. This means the energy content in the form of minerals can be easily metabolized by your body. When you use this salt, it has a vital energetic effect. Your body gets an ample net gain with little energy loss. Furthermore, it is immune to electromagnetic fields, which can have a detrimental effect on our well-being, potentially weakening our immune systems, throwing us off balance, increasing susceptibility to stress, causing insomnia and disturbed cardiac patterns.

Himalayan crystal salt does not contribute to high blood pressure like typical table salt. Each one of the 84 crystal salt's inherent minerals and trace elements including potassium, calcium, and magnesium are available in colloidal (more absorbable) form, that help promote a healthy balance in the body by maintaining fluids and replenishing your supply of electrolytes whenever you sweat heavily.

How to maximize the health benefits of Himalayan Crystal Salt
Aside from it's delicious authentic, clean flavour that can be applied to cooking and seasoning your food, there are other unique ways to incorporate this powerful natural salt into your diet and lifestyle. 
Detoxify with a "sole bath" with these heavenly scented (and non-scented) Himalayan bath salts from Heartfelt Living. Take a handful of the Himalayan crystal bath salt to start and increase over time. Take a bath for about 15 to 20 minutes, not more than once or twice per week. Do not use any chemical substances. After the bath, allow your skin to air dry. It is also recommended that you lie down for half an hour. For those who find the bath strong, use a lower salt amount in a foot bath for 15 to 20 minutes.
As the body’s own energy is more activated by a full moon, the body absorbs more minerals and the bioenergetic weak points are also harmonized when taking a sole bath during this time.

Add a Himalayan salt lamp to your home decor to help you counteract the electronic vibrations and excessive positive ions in selective areas of your home. The basic premise behind a salt lamp is to help cleanse your indoor air and provide an attractive soothing light in your home.

A particular extraordinary idea is a Salt Crystal Plate which can be pre-heated and used for gentle grilling, for keeping your food warm as well a curing surface and great way to present chilled foods, appetizers and finger food at a summer party. Enjoy a culinary specialty by slowly preheating your slab over a BBQ or stove and toss on your favourite sliced meats, seafood, vegetables or even eggs. The Himalayan crystal salt sears your food to perfection, with just a light touch of heavenly salty flavour.
Clean eatingCrystal saltDetoxDigestionDigestive healthFoodGarden of life rawHealthHealth tipsHealthy eatingHealthy snacksNon gmoNutritionPink himalayanPost workoutProteinRecipeSaltSkin healthSleepSuperfoodSupplementsTipsVitaminsVitasaveVitasave staffWeight managementWeight-lossWellnessWomen's health